This product is shipped locally from Bairnsdale, Victoria, and it’s exclusively for our Australian customers.
La Rata takes the maximum advantage of one of the most iconic drives, the Pro co’s Rat. This board allows you to build many different versions of this classic drive, from 1978 original with the LM308 to the ones currently in production. We also added the most popular mods on it, such as diode selector, Sweep control (the famous ruetz mode), and Softness control for the clipping section.
The beauty of La Rata Multi-board lies in its versatility. Tonal versatility and building versatility.
As a pedal for sure, you are familiar with this 78’ classic distortion that excels at arena rock rhythm tones and soaring leads. It will also boost solos and get the extra kick you need from your already driven amp.
La Rata Multi-board gathers all the data from 4 of the most iconic versions of this drive and mashes it with some of the most popular mods to take the most juice out of it and create your own custom version of it.
But no worries, if you want to build the classic Rat without any of these mods, we got you cover; you can find below all the explanations on how to bypass all these mods and build the classic Rat.
- Filter control: Turn it to the right to roll off brittle high-end frequencies. Having trouble cutting through the mix? Turn it to the left and allow the natural brightness of your instrument to shine through.
- Distortion: dials in the perfect amount of gain – from mild overdrive to full-out fuzzy assault.
- Volume control lets you dial it in just perfectly against your bypassed clean tone.
- Sweep: allows you to add some extra bass and smooth’s up the signal. Especially good for bass players and lower guitar tunes rhythmic players. As a tradeoff, this will take out a bit of the classic bite the RAT has.
By rolling this knob to 0, you will have it as a default rat, or you can do it by placing a jumper in between pads 1 and 3 of the pots/trimpots.
- Softness: Interacts with D4 and D5, adding resistance to the clipping section to regulate how hard you want the clipping.
You can bypass this by rolling the knob to 0 or by placing a jumper in between pads 1 and 3 of the pots/trimpots.