Inspired by EQD Talons circuit, is a really powerful and versatile high gain drive that doesn’t need to emulate the sound of any era nor any particular amp to shine with its own color of aggression. It’s one of those multipurpose tools that you can use in any situation, whether you need a transparent boost or a high saturated drive. Also, to add more versatility, this pedal features a 3 band active eq section and a presence control that allows you to sculpt your tone at any need!
Here comes the Eagle Claw to do exactly what the name promises. It will snatch you from behind and lift you to the Rock heaven. This thing got you covered from mild drive with a well thought and tweakable 3 band EQ to meaty rock rhythms and singing leads. It pairs best with your single coil-equipped guitars. But don’t underestimate this circuit just because I said single coils.
There is plenty of anger in this six-knob drive that even gives you a presence control to round that package off.
- Level: Master volume control. There is a lot of level on tap; please adjust accordingly.
- Gain: Preamp volume control. Controls the amount of dirt available, from clean to heavy crunch.
- Presence: Adjusts the top end and upper mids to control the amount of “sizzle” in the dirt. Turn clockwise for a brighter tone, counterclockwise to mellow it out.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counterclockwise from noon.
- Mids: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counterclockwise from noon.
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counterclockwise from noon.
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.