Based on EQD Palisades
The Watchtower has the skeleton of the classic TS-808 including almost every possible modification to achieve the tone you want.
Dual-Channel Gain, voice rotary to select in between the diodes, buffer toggle, bright switch, band-switch to choose the capacitor and the response of it. All these mods takes the roots of the classic tube screamer to the limits.
The booster acts as a volume boost after the main drive as in the original, but won’t be difficult to add an order flipper switch if you wanna reverse the order.
This project uses 2 3PDT for the on/off switches of the main drive and the booster. Also, a DPDT footswitch is required for the gain channel control.
- Voice: The clipping voices determine how transparent and open or tight and crunchy the distortion is. Choose in between 6 diodes configurations
- Bandwidth: Sets the frequency response of the distortion and goes from thin, light, and clean through fat heavy and crunchy.
- Buffer: Turns the input buffer on or off. ON is a tighter and brighter tone while OFF is a warmer tone with more sag. The buffer is part of the drive circuit & is only available when the main effect is activated.
- Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counter clockwise.
- Booster: Foot switchable volume boost with adjustable level to take your leads over the top
- Gain Switch: Select in between two different gain channels.
- Gain A: lower gain with a wider range of grit great for strumming open chords.
- Gain B: Higher gain with a tighter range great for palm muting and/or shredding solos.
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum