Inspired by Friedman BE-OD and Friedman Dirty Shirley. This circuit has been designed to have the ultimate classic fuzz tone with a big low end, a biting top end without being too harsh.
The Freeman Supreme is our own custom model inspired in both Friedman BE-OD and Friedman’s Dirty Shirley!
The perfect fuzz! According to the people from EQD at Akron, Ohio. Inspired on the classic fuzz face featuring an input buffer and a pickup emulator (transformer).
For this project, we have included an internal volume trimpot as well as an additional Bias to have more control on the main Bias control outside the box.
- Dual-channel with independent Gain and Volume control
- Two foot-switches, for Channel select and Bypass
- Specially design dual 3pdt board to keep the wiring neat and tidy!
- Three-band EQ controls Bass, Mids, and Treble.
- Tight and presence control to have a precise control of your tone!
- Character Toggle, this switch allows you to select in between two different gain presets of your choice! You can configure it on your own way thanks to a couple of internal trim-pots!
This dual Channel behemoth combines the best of each Freeman Release
- 9 pots
- 2 Footswitches
- 1 toggle
- 3 trimpots
- 0 Wires
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.
While we finish the final Building docs, you can take a look at the part lists and schematic here: