Since Zvex released the original Fuzz factory we have seen this pedal dissected and traced among every website and forum dedicated to DIY pedals. T
Zachary Vex did a really interesting work designing the Fuzz Factory, basically he took the classic design of the Germanium fuzz face and tweak every possible fixed resistor that have any possible musical effect and turn into a potentiometer (Stab, gate, comp).
Since then we have seen many different versions of this classic, people making even 9 knobs version and more! Fat switches, compression diodes, etc.
For this project we want to keep pretty loyal to the original design just with one additional Body control that replaces the Fat switch from the previous version for a much versatile potentiometer to play around in between all the range of the capacitors. Also we made this layout friendly for a 125b enclosure, instead of the classic 1590b horizontal layout.
- Body: Replacing the fat switch from the Zvex into a more versatile pot that allows you to thick your tone.
- Gate: From a noisy fuzz to a cut chocked fuzz.
- Volume: Controls overall output of the circuit.
- Drive (Fuzz): Set how much fuzz you want in the signal
- Compression: Compress the signal.
- Stab: Controls the amount of voltage fed into the circuit. We all love starving fuzzes!