This product is shipped locally from Bairnsdale, Victoria, and it’s exclusively for our Australian customers.
The Fuzz maker is one of the most iconic pedals in the DIY community; almost every pedal builder tried at least once to build this classic, versatile fuzz!
It is a great starting point for everyone who wants to start building pedals, as well as it’s a must on each player pedalboard. The Fuzz maker is Easy to build and fun to play with!
Since Zvex released the original Fuzz factory, we have seen this pedal dissected and traced among every website and forum dedicated to DIY pedals. T
Zachary Vex did an exciting work designing the Fuzz Factory; basically, he took the classic design of the Germanium fuzz face and tweak every possible fixed resistor that has any possible musical effect and turns into a potentiometer (Stab, gate, comp).
Since then, we have seen many different versions of this classic, people making even 9 knobs version and more! Fat switches, compression diodes, etc.
For this project, we want to keep pretty loyal to the original design, just with one additional Body control that replaces the Fat switch from the previous version for a much versatile potentiometer to play around in between all the range of the capacitors. Also, we made this layout friendly for a 125b enclosure instead of the classic 1590b horizontal layout.
- Body: Replacing the fat switch from the Zvex into a more versatile pot that allows you to thick your tone.
- Gate: From a noisy fuzz to a cut chocked fuzz.
- Volume: Controls the overall output of the circuit.
- Drive (Fuzz): Set how much fuzz you want in the signal
- Compression: Compress the signal.
- Stab: Controls the amount of voltage fed into the circuit. We all love starving fuzzes!
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.