The Rectifier Box is my first attempt to capture the essence of the Mesa Boogie’s Throttle box, one of the best High gain distortions I ever heard, with a really interesting Mid cut section.
- Works with two TL074 and one JRC 4558
- 3pdt Switch on board
- 2 DPDT, Input selector, and Mid-cut EQ.
- A very useful mid-control pot and switch based on an inductor.
- Mid cut
- Toggle to choose the input mode
- Toggle to enable the Mids mode
This item corresponds to one PCB of the “Rectifier Box.” You supply the components, check the Building docs bellow for the shopping list.
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum
On this drilling template I made some changes to make it fit properly in a 1590BB enclosure. It’s fits super tight, and i replaced the on board pots for regular ones. For the DC jack I recomend to use the smaller ones.