The Sinner amp is a truckload of great amps in a single pedal. Based on Sans Amp GT2, this circuit allows you to dial the perfect tone by choosing 3 types of amplifiers, 3 types of mods, and the speaker/mic configuration.
Choose amplifier type, modification, and speaker cabinet/mic placement; create your own rig in seconds. You can easily achieve the most sought-after tube amp tones.
Playing with the different combinations, you can achieve any guitar tone you want, from the American tweed to the classic British or modern California (Messa Boogie).
The circuit also has a 2-knobs baxandall tone control to adjust the treble and base frequencies.
This project has been designed for using 3 rotary switches instead of the traditional sliders; also, we included status LEDs for each mode.
The Gain and Volume controls are pretty much self-explanatory, the interesting part of the controls are the Baxandall tone control, which works excellent for cutting or boosting the bass and treble frequencies, and of course, the 3 rotary switches explained below:
- Tweed = Fender®-style
- British = Marshall®-style
- California = Mesa Boogie®-style
- Clean, which gives you a stock tube amp set-up.
- Hi-Gain, which gives you an extra gain stage, as if you were to install an additional 12AX7 tube in the pre-amp section.
- Hot-Wired, which gives you a scooped-out midrange for a sizzling, over-the-edge quality.
- Classic = distant miking without ambiance.
- Center = close miking at the center of a speaker cone.
- Off-Axis = close miking at the edge of a speaker cone.
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.