The Ultimate Pharaoh is the final evolution of the legendary Pharaoh fuzz by Black arts Toneworks. The Pharaoh has long been known for its plethora of musical fuzz tones that forge a link between your guitar and amp without masking each’s inherent character. This rich legacy of tone has led many guitarists to bow down to the Pharaoh, extending its dynasty across pedalboards the world over. Now the Pharaoh Supreme ascends to the Osirian throne, promising all the original Pharaoh’s tones and sounds and much more.
The Supreme has all of the Standard and Primitive Pharaohs’ sounds and abilities, but with some handy additions and a bit of a twist.
The Ultimate Pharaoh replaces the Hi/Lo input switch for a variable pre-input control to infinitely adjust the saturation of the front end of the circuit from 1 to 10. Following the same logic, instead of the 3-way diode selector, this version utilizes a 6-way rotary switch to select from the Standard Pharaoh diode settings, plus an additional 3 setting not available on the previous Pharaohs, allowing you to select from the following diode settings: Germanium, Asymmetrical Germanium(standard Pharaoh), Silicon (standard Pharaoh), Mosfet, LED and Bypass (standard Pharaoh).
The Pre knob control, in addition to the Clip switch, produces an array of sounds and textures that expand the Pharaoh into the ultimate ever-produced Fuzz, definitely a build you’ll be proud of.
- Fuzz control knob sets fuzz distortion level from a cleanish boost to a light overdrive all the way to saturated fuzz.
- Tone control knob adjusts tonality, designed to suffer little volume loss and give a natural sound.
- High control knob replenishes highs cut by the Tone control when boosting lows.
- Volume control knob sets output level.
- Pre-control knob replaces the Hi/Lo switch of the standard Pharaoh and adjusts the front-end saturation between tones with more headroom/less clipping and less headroom/more clipping.
- Clip 6-position rotary knob selects from 6 different clipping stages, from left to right: Germanium, Asymmetrical Germanium (standard Pharaoh), Silicon (standard Pharaoh), Mosfet, LED, and Bypass (standard Pharaoh).
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.