Based on DSM Omnicab sim. This device lets the musician define his own sound and getting an accurate Cab reproduction of it when recording and playing live gigs. This version doesn’t feature balanced output. Suitable for direct recording into your audio interface supports both bass and guitar.
The Cabulator allows the user to dial their own cabinet response settings; this approach, in contrast with default cabinet simulators, gives access to tweaking parameters such as size, gain, Mids, punch, and more!
- Tunable high-frequency response emulates the steep low pass filter that different speakers produce.
- Tunable Low-frequency response that controls the low-end roll-off typical of speakers of various sizes.
- Tunable low-frequency resonance lets you dial the low-end roll-off point’s resonance, reproducing the effect of closed or open back cabinets and anything in between.
- Mid control lets you dial “modern” or “vintage” responses.
- Punch control boosts the 800 Hz band, which lets you cut through the mix with warmth.
For further analysis on this circuit, take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.