Self-oscillating crazy fuzz, featuring gate control mod to make it more controllable. If you feel the Fuzz factory wasn’t crazy enough, this pedal is a must for you!
The Guys from DBA nailed a unique and crazy pedal once again with the Supersonic Fuzz gun. This circuit presents a set of 5 knobs and a toggle totally interactive in between them that will divide the crowd in between those who love it and the ones that hate it. Still, it will definitely provoke you to take a side on this, same as what happens with the classic Fuzz Factory.
If we compare it with the Zvex circuit, I’d say the Fuzz blaster is even more unpredictable yet more flexible; that’s why we decided to add the Control trimpot to tame down the madness of the self-oscillation mode, or at least to give you a chance of controlling it.
- Bias: Biases the output transistor to change the overall sound structure.
- Density: Increases the Q range input into the fuzz while also adjusting the oscillation frequency in Osc. mode.
- Fuzz: Increases the intensity of the output.
- Filter: Sweeps the high frequencies of the output.
- Level: Master output volume.
- Gate/Oscillation Toggle: In Gate mode, the fuzz tone is more standard and gated. In Oscillation mode, the signal self-oscillates for noisemaking and bizarre fuzz tones.
- Control trimpot: REPLACES R7** allowing you extra control on the oscillation mode.
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.
For any technical questions regarding this build don’t forget to check out our Facebook Group and our forum at Free Stomp Boxes.
There are no reviews yet.