The Ojo Diablo! It is a versatile low to medium gain overdrive with an exceptionally dynamic response. It preserves the character of your instruments and is very sensitive to your playing technique.
Thanks to the effective and musical controls, the Diablo works equally well with any guitar, amp, or playing style.
Definitely one of the most complete overdrives there’s out there! Featuring six potentiometers, six internal trimmers, and a headroom toggle, we can assure you that the Ojo Diablo! Is by far one of the most versatile overdrives ever built.
- Feed: Pre-gain control, adjust the amount of bass in the input signal for a tight and transparent sound even with the fattest neck pickups
- Body: Takes effect on lower mids and compression. To the LEFT tight and open, to the RIGHT Fat and singing.
- Tone: Set your tone preferences all the way from dark to bright. You can further fine-tune its response with the internal trim pots.
- Gain: Controls the intensity of distortion. Set it to the desired level of distortion and roll back the guitar volume for cleaner tones.
- Level: Overall volume level of the pedal
- Level+: Controls the second gain settings. This control works in addition to the gain control, so if Gain is already on maximum, engaging the LEVEL + won’t give you any more distortion, just a slight fattening of the sound.
- Headroom Switch: Activates the internal Voltage doubler.
- Presence: Controls High frequencies of the main section.
- Bass: Affects lower mids and bass frequencies of the main section.
- TRIM1: Originally a 100r resistor, this trimmer allows you to regulate the gain of Q3
- Tone+: Set the Tone response of the second section
- Bass+: Set the Bass response of the second section
- Gain+: This trimmer allows you to do the fine-tuning of the second section gain.
For further analysis on this circuit take a look at this thread on Free Stomp Boxes Forum.
For any technical questions regarding this build don’t forget to check out our Facebook Group and our forum at Free Stomp Boxes.
There are no reviews yet.